Thursday, November 15, 2007

TAGGED

I am a sucker for: Nachos and guacamole, brownies, new music, clever gadgets, a great sale and spending time in Santa Barbara.

My worldly desires: To own my current home outright and a few others, a boat with 2 bedrooms, a slug-bug, and a plane to fly in my friends and family on a whim.

My prize possessions: Greg, Aubrey, Gentry and Tryce, my bible, my diploma, some photos, my "faith of a mustard seed" necklace from my grandma Taylor and my wedding ring.

I will never wear____again: This is a hard one. Pleated front pants, stretch pants and stirrup pants, maternity clothes and shoulder pads.

Things I love: Santa Barbara, ocean breezes, victories for Greg's team, winning basketball tournament championships, home-cooked meals made by someone else, my house cleaned by someone else, chartered or private flights, organization, gift giving, laughing into tears, lobster, puppies, kittens, babies, spending time with family and friends, reading without interruptions, DVR's, internet, IKEA, Sundance, lattes, wine, Dream Dinners, Christmas music, and knowing my kids are healthy, confident and safe.

Things I hate: Feeling overwhelmed, being ignored, having to carry so much stuff in a diaper bag, being cold, when people don't do what they say they're going to do, messes, traffic, not being able to fix something or not being able to afford someone who can, paying bills, dust, snotty noses, gray hair and spider veins, not getting to spend regular time with family, my kids not being able to have their grandparents or any family around to share in all the wonderful things they do.

Randomness: There is nothing better than to know you've made difference in another life for the better! I really appreciate being appreciated. Currently, I feel joy everyday looking into the faces of my kids yet at the same time, I am longing for a little more adult time. On a lighter note, I can't wait to try some chocolate covered cinnamon bears!

5 comments:

Glenda said...

Hi Michelle, I enjoyed reading your tagged information. I think you are such a special person. I am glad we are freinds and that you live a litle closer now. I remember when Holly 1st met you in Omaha, and she said, oh mom, michelle is so amazing, you are going to love her when you meet her, and she was right i do love you and your family. GIGI

Mama Mia said...

Hello from Omaha! I too loved reading this!

Parry's said...

How Sweet you are. You had so many things that remind me how to be!

The Funderburks said...

Michelle - you are kindred to us all, I feel like you are really related somehow! I totally know why you are a sucker for Santa Barbara - it is a great place to be. I loved reading your thoughts and feelings.

Click here http://www.pyzam.com/bloggertemplates and look through the dozens of templates for your blog. Just be careful and try not to let it erase all of your links to friends' blogs. That happened to me so, be careful or keep a list of them on your computer so you don't loose them.

Holly said...

You are amazing! From day one I knew you were so special. See I even told my mom! You are always such a great example to us all. I am so glad you are part of our family. Love ya lots!!