Monday, September 8, 2008

Just Reflecting and Journaling

I have just had so many thoughts swirling around lately and with only a 1 year old at home to listen, I just felt like babbling on my blog. As another school year has begun, I notice how much quicker the days go by. Before I know it, the Rebels will be playing, Thanksgiving will be celebrated at our home with friends and our Christmas gathering with family in Vegas will have passed. Our family had a really special summer due to many travels but as it has all soaked in, it really wasn't the destinations that were so special. The memories with family and the forming of new friendships were priceless. I just feel so privileged to have such great friends that come and visit, to be included in Rebel-land in such a special way, to have so many friends that are there for me when I need a helping hand, to be acquainted with people who are such wonderful parents to children who are gifted and to children who have special needs, to have witnessed through friends their survival after the loss of children and other loved ones, to get to visit a dying woman who looked so beautiful eagerly waiting to meet our Heavenly Father in heaven, to be invited to dinners, to experience love of family, to feel so connected and valued in church, to have celebrated another anniversary with my man, to watch my children mature and to have learned so much about nutrition and health through JP. Although these are all positive and meaningful, life is real and there were and will continue to be many struggles. We have really missed some special friends that moved away. While we have all been very healthy and safe that is not the case for everyone. Our family is reminded daily of some friends who are very ill and how tragedy can strike in a moment in peoples lives. As I take time to reflect and after time in prayer, it is so amazing to recognize the Holy Spirit indwelling in me and empowering me to be who I cannot be just on my own. I guess what it is that has made me so sentimental is just a huge amount of gratitude and satisfaction within even though there is sickness, financial struggles, confusion, sacrifice and uncertainty. Our Lord is so amazing that even in a world of chaos there is HOPE and certainty for EVER. I'm eager for the days ahead to reveal themselves but am so thankful that God has allowed time for reflection. Okay, I promise to lighten up and post some pics soon.

4 comments:

Glenda said...

Michelle that was so uplifting! It is so good to put all the thoughts going through our minds into words, and it really made me think! I want you to know I am so grateful to have you as a friend, you have touched my life in SO many ways, and wherever you go or whatever you do you you will always be that type of a friend to all!

Parry's said...

Michelle,
You are sucha great example! What srtength you teac me and gratitide you show. I feel so lucky to have you apart of my life!
Amber

Holly said...

Gosh would you lighten up! You are making me cry! Just kidding! You are the greatest! You are so spiritual and faithful. I have learned so much from you over the almost 12 years of friendship we have shared!! I will always remember your help in getting me through the Sept. 11th attacks. Your positive attitude and faithful outlook helped me more than you will ever know! I love you! You are such a great friend. I strive to be more like you every day!

The Funderburks said...

Michelle - so crazy that I read this today because I was having some of the very same feelings this morning. A co-worker of mine was telling me about a really sad and struggling marriage she is in. It was eye-opening to me because I honestly am in the most incredible relationship with an amazing man. After talking to my co-worker I recognize that my situation is a powerful blessing I am fortunate to have. I shouldn't take it for granted. Thanks for echoing the message of gratitude. You are a special woman in my life. I am so excited to see you for Thanksgiving (but hopefully sooner). Speaking of visiting Vegas, Andy would LOVE some work in Las Vegas - it would give us a great excuse to come down. His quality of work and design is hard to come by. Tell the Krugers they are missing out if they don't use Funder Welding & Design :)!