Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday 2008



"Happy Birthday to you"..... Recognizing a birthday, some one's very existence, is done all the time. There are so many different ways that people celebrate but the theme that resonates is that of GIVING and RECEIVING. These two things are a perfect pair. Today is the paramount birthday. Happy Birthday Jesus Christ, my Savior. As I was sitting in church last week a 3 week old precious little baby boy was right in front of me sleeping. He was so tiny, so peaceful and the parents on each side of him were glowing with pride and hope. Can you really take in the fullness of the miracle of Jesus' birth? He is perfection that came to US just like that precious baby boy in church. We celebrate Christmas in so many different ways but this year, a year that has been so rich with adventures and relationships, Christmas is more simplified in my heart as a day of "good tidings of great joy". Why? There is so much uncertainty really, but not with the life and love of Christ in my heart. It's not always easy but when I live with my heart, the life of Christ which all began today removes my fears, improves my hope, and reminds me that the greatest gift of all is love. There really is no greater love than that of our Heavenly Father shown to us through His son, Jesus Christ. Our Father gave to all of us the greatest gift of all and receiving this gift is life.


So....Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday!!! Celebrate life today and have peace for tomorrow because the One we celebrate today is the very person who holds our tomorrows.


*MG*

0 comments: